Hi! My name is Sami Bensellam I am a software engineer currently head of the Machine to Human Vision project as well as a software developer for John Deere. I am currently looking for a full-time position after my graduation in May 2024. Feel free to reach out to me in the contact me section or through email. Thank you!
Iowa State University | 2020 - 2024
• Relevant Course Work: Object Oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, embedded Systems, Web development, Android App development, Machine learning and Data Analytics.
• Software Engineering Department Advisory Board member.
• Former Head Teaching assistant for the Computer Engineering Department.
• Former IEEE outreach and creative director.
• Part of the Dean's List for 3 consecutive years.
Ames High School | 2016 - 2020
John Deere | March 2023 - Present
• Led the development and launch of a unified dashboard for Automation & Autonomy teams, adopted by 35+ engineers and 5 teams.
• Created scripts for AWS authentication and helped streamline the process for displaying images. Saving engineers hours in time for error diagnosis and issue resolution.
• Created custom visuals using C# code for insights into over 300 machines.
• Analyzed data, did data cleaning, data pipeline filtering and tested data using Databricks, Pytorch, SQL and Tableau.
Danfoss | January 2023 - March 2023
• Automated the Process for the ticketing system and the reporting system automatically assigning tasks based on description saving the company hours in IT costs.
• Cut company wide IT issues by 5% by automating the process for role permissions using python and datastructures to assign roles.
Proplanner | December 2020 - February 2021
• Worked in an Agile/Scrum environment to update the existing codebase to a more efficient and secure program.
• Improved company code runtime by up to 1000% through more efficient relational database design and query optimization strategies.
• Identified potential vulnerabilities using penetration testing and modified Assembly planner software to protect existing code against SQL injections and other vulnerabilities.
• Modified Assembly planner Software using parametrization to protect software against potential vulnerabilities.
• Created xUnit tests for newly written code and was able to discover 20+ flaws. (C#)
Took course work to better my understanding of Design principles and through my projects. I am able to conceptualize the different necessities and approaches needed for projects.Read More
Developed an adroid application and temporarily launched it to the appstore using Spring boot, RESTful API, Hibernate, Maven, Gitlab, GitHub, AWS, and TomcatRead More
Created multiple projects that use Artificial inteligence, trained neural Networks and used regression testing and classification algorithms. Using these libraries and frameworks: Python, Pandas, R, Pyspark, Sickit-Learn, Numpy, Matplotlib and more.Read More
I have have extensive experience in data-science through coursework, personal projects and my current job mainly usingRead More
I am the current project manager for the Human to Machine Vision Project, I am also the lead engineer for the One-Dashboard solution in Deere.Read More